Oh how I miss sweet tea
and chic-fil-a
and Moe's
and Pei-Wei
and home made EVERYTHING!
I started to crave home made apple pie and fried chicken about 2 weeks ago. I mean if that isn't a southern craving then I don't know what is. So, I decided to MAKE IT! yes, make it all on my own. I had most of my Tuesday free this week, so I decided to make what I wanted.
I peeled the apples and cut them up myself as well as rolled out the lovely soft doughy crust. It was so fun to make and it turned out swimmingly!
The fried chicken was a little bit more of a challenge, because I didn't know that vegetable oil doesn't boil on its own. I waited for like 20 minutes for the vegetable oil to boil until I realized that it isn't going to bubble and pop until I actually put the chicken in it. But man was it tasty!
Mm mm MM....my craving was satisfied!
2 comments:
Im jealous... that looks really good Whit! Sometime if you want to make me these dishes I would not complain ;)
Wow! I am so proud of you. You always were good in the kitchen. You were the only early riser in the household so many mornings I would wake up to find you scrambling eggs in the kitchen.. when you were in early grade school years. Glad somebody got Granny's good-cooking genes!
Post a Comment