Saturday, February 20, 2010

Exhaustion

So I, Nathan, am officially sick! UGH!!!! Why is it that everytime you get sick - you forget the feeling of being completely healthy and why is it that it takes SOOO long to get better? I started feeling not so good on Tuesday - when we got up at 4:30am for the Wicked dance audition. I noticed that my throat was extremely dry and kind of scratchy. Friday marked the day I started to loose my voice and now today, Saturday, I am home - sick. I took the day off - which was smart because I haven't had a day off since the 10th. I have had days off from work but every day off we've been waking up early / auditioning, so it hasn't been a true day off. Which means it's been 9 days since my last official 'day off' - I know, it doesn't seem that long but in NYC it's an eternity because everything is so exhausting. It's an hour commute to my work there and back - so if I work 8 hours in a day - it's really 10 hours. It takes away my whole day. Last night I worked until 11pm - I didn't get home until midnight and then I ate some food and went to bed at 1am and tossed and turned for about 2.5 hours and finally ended up sleeping in our guest bedroom because I felt bad for Whitney and then woke up at 9am because I was supposed to work another 8 hours. There was just no way I was going. I called my manager (barely being able to speak) and luckily she understood. So here I am on a Saturday all alone and really wanting some cuddly company but she's at work. I'm getting nervous however because tomorrow I have a 6 hour rehearsal for the stage reading that I'm doing. I hope I get better by then. Please Pray that I get miraculously healed:)
<<<< Let me update you on this weeks AUDITIONS>>>>>

On Tuesday, Feb. 16th, we woke up at 4:30am and left at 5:15am for the Wicked dance audition.
We got there at 6am and thankfully were let inside because it was snowing so heavily. We waited for about 4 hours until we found out that we would be seen. The audition was soooo ridiculously hard. Everyone knew the choreography because they do the same routine at every Wicked dance audition and people had been to those. They took the girls and then the guys. We didn't get call backs. I mean, we tried so hard to keep up with everyone but it was moving so fast and we are singers more than we are dancers. Well, at least we know the combination now and we can practice it to be great for next time.

Thursday, Feb. 18th, we woke up at 4:30am and left at 5:15am for the South Pacific National Tour auditions. We waited outside for 2 hours and got inside and waited for another 2 hours and then were told they weren't seeing any non-equity. 
We then joined our colleague bud Marissa Rosano at the Merry-Go-Round Playhouse auditions. This is a regional equity theater in Auburn NY about 4 hours up from us and we heard they put on great shows. They are doing, The Droswy Chaperone, Promises Promises, Meet me in St. Louis, Man of La Mancha and Ring of Fire. We got numbers, sang and the director said he loved Belmont and we all got called back for the dance audition for the next day.

Friday, Feb 19th, we went to the dance audition at around 9am and went in and did pretty well at the ballet combination but didn't get called back. They said this didn't mean they wouldn't consider us still but they didn't need anything more from us. So... you just never know if they liked you or not. 

There is the update. 
Wicked singers audition is Monday and Tuesday next week..... WE NEED TO BE HEARD


2 comments:

SJonesG said...

so so sorry you are sick. must be all those little kid germs at work.haha. you'll have to get some of that antibacterial gel to keep on the counter. can't wait to hear if you get into the wicked singers audition. I am so excited for you!! get lots of rest and take care of yourself! love you guys.

Samuel Reth said...

Wow that all sounds like caos! Keep pushing through it all you two got it under control :)