Monday, November 30, 2009

Our First Thanksgiving!

This past week was mine and Nathan's very first Thanksgiving together and we were so blessed to have Nathan's mother and father join us for the holiday.
Beth made a wonderful thanksgiving meal, where Nathan, Mark, and I tried to help as much as we could. :) We also made sure the Thanksgiving Day Parade was on so we could all watch the Broadway Shows that appeared in the parade.
After consuming all of the wonderful home cooked food, Mark took a little cat nap while Beth stitched, I knitted, and Nathan tried to remember how to crochet.
Make sure you check out the amazing gingerbread houses at the end of this blog!!!!


 

Beth taught me how to make home made apple pie and pumpkin pie! We actually peeled the apples, cut them up and rolled out the dough.
 

 It was all very messy and very fun!!


Here is how they turned out......


This was the progress of our stitching, knitting, and crocheting activities.... (it was taking me forever to knit...as you can tell...mine is the blue one.)


And now....The GINGERBREAD HOUSE EXTRAVAGANZA!!!

Beth made these gingerbread houses in Iowa, and drove them 15 hours to Pennsylvania so we could decorate them.


The People, Presents, Star, and Car we made to add to our gingerbread neighborhoods.



Nathan and I covered our gingerbread house with candy treats from top to bottom!!! 
 

 
 
WE HAD A BLAST!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

7 comments:

SJonesG said...

I love this!! I'm sooo glad that Beth and Mark were able to come visit during Thanksgiving. It looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday! Wow, those pies and the gingerbread houses look fantastic! Great Post!

Christine Bailey said...

yummy!! and those gingerbread houses look great too!

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I'm impressed with the gingerbread houses!

brittany bagwell said...

picture me bawling crying because i want to be there. then picture me running in like the cookie monster and devouring the entire house. yummmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a wonderful time we had with Nathan and Whitney. It warmed my heart to see them both and to have the time to prepare a meal together, stitch together and decorate gingerbread houses together. Another highlight for us both was to see their plays. Dad and I had a wonderful time with you, much love!
Beth and Mark

Anonymous said...

I am very jealous!!! I remember doing ginger bread houses with the Meyer's but they never were that elaborate. And I believe I saw Shepards Pie in one of those pics and my mouth started watering :) Anytime you want to make a trip to Cedar Falls and make me food I will gladly except. Miss you,
Samuel

Nathan + Whitney said...

We welcome visitors...