I have a total of 11 costume changes and five wigs I change through the show. I have never had to change wigs in any show I have ever done before. If any of you have done theater, you know that if you have a wig...you need to bobby pin it to your head in order to insure it won't fall off. (which would be extremely embarrassing if it did on stage) Well, here at sight and sound..they make a mold of your head when you are in rehearsals and they build a wig that is the exact size of your cranium. Therefore, no bobbypins are invovled. And thank the Lord they aren't! I have about 10-30 seconds to change an entire costume and my wig, and sometimes even shoes before I return to the stage with a smile and a poised attitude. There is no time for pinning anything into place! These wigs are also made with lace. Which means that they have sewn each individual hair into a lace head peice that lies against your forehead, so it actually looks like the hairs are growing out of your head.
This blog is dedicated to THE WIGS! I am going to share with you the many different wigs I wear on a day to day basis. It is obvious they didn't see me as a blonde in this show! :)
We might as well turn this into a game, right? RIGHT!
So...I'm going to tell you about each Wig and then as you go you will try to guess which Wig goes with which Era/Theme.
Here are the wig titles in random order:
The Victorian Wig
The Modern Wig
The 1940's Mother Wig
The 1940's Radio Singer Wig
The Baroque Wig
GOOD LUCK GUESSING!!
Here is the first wig.
1. I think this wig makes me look like my sister, Marissa. I'm thinking...well if you wanted me to look like this, then you should hire my sister! Haha.
2. This wig is huge. I am constantly spraying and pressing it down. It is the most uncomfortable wig I wear in the show.
3. We call this is the "Peter Pan"/ "The Hills are alive" Wig. (Nathan also thinks I look like his Mom when I wear this wig...haha)
4. This wig is....well, it is what it is. :)
5. And last but not least...this is my favorite wig because it fits my head the best, and I think it is a good color on me! (sorry i didn't have a better picture)
I hope you enjoyed the WIG SHOW!
Answers are below...let's see how you did
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
1. Victorian Wig
2. 1940's Mother
3. Modern Wig
4. Baroque Wig
5. 1940's Radio Singer

.jpg)


5 comments:
I love your blog. We are laughing out loud. You just like your mom in the short wig.....very beautiful!!!! By the way, I got em all right!
Love ya much. Dad
HaHaHa! I Love this post!! I agree with you, the first picture looks like marissa but the 3rd picture looks like me last year when I had my hair cut like that! Your eyes are HUGE with short hair! This was great, I couldnt figure them out and dad kept yelling what they were! haha. I thought the last one was the mom and the 2nd one was none of them!
I loved the wigs and I am complimented that Nathan thought you looked like me in the 3rd wig! Thank you, you are both beautiful. Mark and I can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving. Hope the new sheep "reliable" is playing his/her role appropriately!
Love, Beth
I didn't get ANY right. The last one looks like an old lady, I don't care what anyone says! And Baroque is ridiculous.
Wig #4 is by far my favorite. Haha.
Love and miss you guys, sounds like you're doing well! If you're ever in the city let me know; I'd love to see you!
Jess
Post a Comment