Monday, November 2, 2009

Sight and Sound Theaters

The reason we blog is to stay close and connected to our friends and family right? (Well, thats why Nate and I decided to do it) So, I figured this would be a good time to show you all where we are currently working.
Both Nathan and I work for SIGHT AND SOUND PRODUCTIONS. It is a huge corporation thats goal is to visualize and dramatize Biblical truth through live stage productions - to illustrate truth in the same way that Jesus did, by storytelling. It is a production that I have been wanting to be a part of ever since I saw a flyer in a church when I was touring with the Voices of Lee. Combining my faith in the Lord and molding that with my love for theater seemed like all my dreams come true!
Nathan and I work for the same company but we are in two different shows that are held in two different theaters. The theaters are only a block away from each other, but are two very different venues.
Nathan works at the MILLENIUM THEATER. (We say it looks like Aladdin's Castle!)
  This theater is BEAUTIFUL! It is larger than any broadway stage in new york.


 
Nathan is currently working in the production of MIRACLE OF CHRISTMAS. He is in the ensemble and also understudying a few supporting roles. There are about fifty people in the cast plus camels, sheeps, etc.





I work at the original theater of Sight and Sound, they call it their "black box". It is a standard size theater, but much smaller than the Millenium. This is called THE LIVING WATERS theater.



I am currently working in VOICES OF CHRISTMAS. I am also in the ensemble and understudying one of the more primary roles. There are 16 cast members plus a pony, goose, pigeon, and donkey. 


WE EXTEND A WARM WELCOME TO ALL OF YOU TO COME VISIT US AND SEE EITHER or BOTH OF OUR SHOWS!
They run from Nov. 7- Jan. 2nd


__________________________________________


We are hoping that we receive extended contracts from Sight and Sound for their 2010 Season. They have looked at Nathan for the role of Joseph in their new musical called JOSEPH that opens next year in Lancaster. (This is not "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor DreamCoat")
This is an original show written and produced by Sight and Sound that is the biblical story of Joseph.



They are also looking at us for their Branson, MO theater that looks identical to the MILLENIUM THEATER here in PA. They are continuing their run of NOAH in Missouri. It is also a show that is produced on a grand scale that involves animatronic and live animals.



There is also a possiblity that we could be cast in 'PSALMS OF DAVID' which is more of a musical review that will be produced in the LIVING WATERS THEATER in 2010.

Keep us in your prayers.
In the next few days to weeks we could find out that we are spending all of next year either here in Pennsylvania, Missouri, or not with Sight and Sound at all.

I hope you enjoyed a little sneak peek of our day to day jobs here in PA! 


3 comments:

SJonesG said...

So excited to see your shows! Just two weeks away and we'll be there!! Everyone who has been to a Sight and Sound show says it is incredible. So proud of you both.

Joe and Micaleah said...

Thanks so much for posting this! It is so cool to see where you two are working. We are so proud of you guys, and we miss you like crazy.
Micaleah and Joe.

Marissa said...

That looks AMAZING! I can't believe how beautiful the set is! That is so awesome.