November has been a great month so far. I have never seen a more pretty Autumn with so many acres of farmland and beautiful changing leaves. Coming from Iowa, I got pretty spoiled of open land and beautiful open skies, however, Pennsylvania beats it's beauty especially by the weather we've been having this year. Last week we had the pleasure of Fred and Shirley coming to visit us for 4 whole days. Every time I am with them I am reminded of how generous they are not only with treating us to a dinner or 10 but with their time and open hearts. It was perfect timing for us to have them here because we had just received our contracts from Sight & Sound so we could pick their brain and talk about our options everyday. On our days off we spent Sunday shopping around and taking pictures with Shirley's new but also "stupid camera" :) You would not believe how amazing this camera is and it still is classified as 'stupid thing.' We gave her a hard time about that - but lets be honest - we probably tried taking this one picture about 20 times because for some odd reason the clicker wouldn't click... weird. It was funny seeing Fred's tiny red camera next to Shirley's large and in charge camera! Later that night we went and saw the new movie, "The Christmas Carol" with Jim Carrey at the IMAX in 3D!!! It surprisingly stayed true to the original story with the exception of not elaborating on Tiny Tim's character - we weren't emotionally connected at all to him. Jim Carrey has been my idol through growing up. I would stare in the mirror making crazy faces like his in "Ace Ventura" and "The Mask." I'm sure my family thought I was obsessed with myself. Ha! But I owe it to him for being Cat in the Hat in the musical "Suessical."
On Monday we decided to drive the 2 hours to Washington DC. Well the 2 hours really turned out being 3 hours because we literally had to drive around the entire city to find a parking garage. We even asked a security officer and he couldn't even lead us to one. So, if ya'll ever go to the Capitol - plan on walking into the city because it's pretty crazy. The Lord could not have blessed us with a more perfect weather day! I was the most happy - the sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky and the breeze was out of this world. My favorite part of the entire day was getting on a "hop on hop off" which is a double decker tour bus that takes you around the city for an hour and a half. I learned that day that I'm not crazy about museums. I think growing up I knew I didn't like museums but I never wanted to admit it. We only went to two and I did learn some things but overall I much rather spend my time outside if the weather is great. We got many many great pictures including one with the President. It was insane, he invited us into the White House and even asked if we wanted to help him with some big decisions, so then Fred decided to give everyone a "Leader Labs" presentation, which I think everyone really enjoyed especially after mine and Whitney's lovely performance of "My Heart Will Go On" for the entire Obama Family. (I'm sure Shirley has this on youtube already) Shirley said that she would take some professional photos for the family, but her stupid camera wouldn't work...so we only got the one shot we have.... ;) ... what a great day off!

2 comments:
Loved your recap Nathan! We got had a great time and loved every minute of it! I am so glad your parents are coming for Thanksgiving. I know you will have "another" great time! Love your blog and keep em coming!
1-Hilarious picture with the Pres.
2-One of my BFs works on capital hill and could have hooked you up with maybe even a tour of the white house... next time call 'ole Abs!
Post a Comment