Every Christmas Eve, Nathan's family attends a Christmas Eve service. So, Nathan and I decided to find a service to attend here in Lancaster. Our church that we attend regularly didn't have one, so I blindly looked up 'Christmas Eve services in Lancaster' on google and chose a church to go to. The service ended up being soo lovely. The church was decorated with candles, christmas trees, and poinsettias. A Bell choir performed, a kids choir sang, and the pastor told the Christmas story. We ended the service by singing 'silent night' with everyone holding a candle. It was soo beautiful.
----A picture outside the church after the service----
CHRISTMAS MORNING!!
We slept in (mostly because we were up till 2am making a christmas youtube video for our friends and family) and then made breakfast!
Christmas Breakfast Menu:
Eggs, Bacon, and Cinnamon Rolls
!yummy!
Our big gift to each other is the fact that we're moving to NYC, so we are saving as much as possible!
However, at the last minute- late Christmas Eve, Nathan and I decided to go to Target for 20 minutes where we could each spend 20 dollars on gifts for the other..so we separated, tried to hide from eachother in the store, and got our gifts.
I got Nathan 3 small gifts, put packaged them in VERY large boxes so our tree didn't look naked.
We didn't buy bows, so I took my tights and created some bows for Nathan's gifts...haha
(maybe this could be called "Ghetto Martha Stewart Creations")
Brittany (our friend from Belmont) sent us some gifts, they were very fun and sweet!
She bought us this great ornament that we have named our "First Christmas together Ornament"
Nathan's mom, Beth, sent us stockings (which she made).
(On our stockings, I'm an angel and Nathan is a shepherd)
They were filled with GOODIES!!!!
Our Gifts for Eachother:
Nathan got me a great umbrella, cause I have said numerous times that I need one...and also these adorable house shoes!
My presents for Nathan: 2 shirts and a little stuffed-animal Puppy that makes noises.
(we would love to have a puppy, but he's allergic..so I did the best I could)
These are our great Christmas Cards that we received from our Friends and Family!
(They made us sooo happy!)
This is our favorite Christmas Decorated house in Lancaster!
(There was even a window that had a TV up against the glass where there was a video loop of Santa walking by the window and then waving outside to you!- genius...)
We are counting down the days until we get to see our families in January. Our real Christmas is going to be in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of January where we spend them in TN and DisneyWorld with the Bunches and the Garmons, and then in IOWA with the Meyers, Ohlsons, and Bailey's!
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!
1 comment:
Me too. So sorry you didnt have my presents under your tree but at the time we were to send something.. I was trying to get you a flight home.. and of course that didnt work out. But we will see you in Disney World in just a few days! I'm looking forward to that Christmas present!
The picture outside the church is beautiful of the two of you! So glad you had a sweet first Christmas together!
Post a Comment