Sunday – moving day and also Port day in FL.
We got about 5 hours of sleep and started moving our luggage to our new home for the next 8 months – crew cabins…. not a luxury in the least, not a master bedroom, not a normal size bedroom, not even a dorm room…. picture a parking space. A parking space where a third of it is a bathroom, but yes, the bathroom is enclosed with walls so no smells where we sleep. Oh, and forget about having a window. It is nice when we sleep though, no sunshine to wake us up, complete darknessJ We do have two very small closets and a small tv with the news channel and movies with no commercials! I have NO idea how we fit all our clothes in, but thankfully we did!
We went with our friend Erin and drove around Cape Canaveral to explore and go shopping for necessary bedding. We ate T.G.I.Friday’s and since we work on a ship – we get 25% off! J
Every Sunday we have a boat drill, so when we got back on the ship at 3:15pm we have to lead our specific guest group in a boat drill. After that, Whit and I started to unpack. The night before we had heard that a couple had used a bed extension on their bunk bed to make the lower bunk larger. Since their contract ended we bought it from them.
We were feeling very optimistic and ready to conquer our tiny room. The problem started when we couldn’t get the ladder off of the bunk bed. We’ve been told more than once that there are weird rules on the ship for crew. Including unable to have any sort of tools or electronics that could possibly start a fire.
No irons, blow dryers, etc. Now, to get away with some of these – you need to know the right kind of people and befriend them.
The first thing we knew that we needed was a screwdriver. We work in the theatre, so we decided to ask a stagehand for one. Success! We got back into our cabin and after much sweat I got 5 screws out. However, the last 3 would NOT COME OUT!!!!!
We went back to the theatre and got a power drill. Still screws will not come out.
We went back yet again and Matt, a stagehand, actually came in our cabin and drilled through the screw to bust it off! Amazing! Finally after 3 hours of hard labor it finally came off. We got some interesting stares as we carried all of the necessary tools through the corridor.
Now, feeling very overwhelmed, exhausted, and annoyed, we started to put our room in order.
This was our guest cabin we stayed in for the first week.
We snuck these pictures while the maids were cleaning them... this is a guest cabin with a porthole.
This guest cabin has a balcony.
Here I am in our tiny crew cabin trying desperately to get the ladder off.
Amazing stagehand Matt came to the rescue!
I mean look at the mayhem!
unpacked!
ALL of our clothes fit in these closets!!
It’s definitely nice having everything in place.






2 comments:
love it! your cabin looked even smaller when we skyped! dont know how on earth you got your clothes in those tiny closets! I evidently need to clean out the excess in my closet. I probably only wear about that same amt anyway! haha
Wow!! I can't believe you guys did all that! Amazing. I'm glad you're all settled in now, though!! Miss you!
Post a Comment