Friday, September 23, 2011

Blog #2 on Cruise


Saturday September 17th was a big day for Whit and I because that evening we opened our Jazz Set. It started at 10:45pm and lasted until 12:30am. Not only did we perform but also there were two other couples that performed after us. The first week was a cool experience because the old cast was still there doing their shows, as we (the new cast) are learning the same shows in the new space, with costumes etc. So we got to see them perform the shows we know.

Here is the list of the songs we sing every other Saturday night.

1.     I Love Being Here With You
2.     Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
3.     Exactly Like You
4.     Goin’ Out of My Head
5.     I’ve Got the World on a String
6.     Summertime
7.     Orange Colored Sky
8.     Honeysuckle Rose
9.     Alright, Ok You Win
10. One For My Baby

 The evening went so great and we had such a fun time. The next day was a very long day as we were moving into our crew cabins… what an experience that was.

 Practicing our Jazz set in "Olive or Twist" - get it? Named after the character Oliver Twist... so clever.

 As entertainers - we basically have to dress business casual.

[Also... the reason why we are able to blog is because for some reason - our crew cabin is allowing us to have free wi-fi.... ?? Please Jesus continue this blessing!!!]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, we love hearing from you and seeing you. I am not that great with Face book!
Love, Mom/Beth

Anonymous said...

Also just listened to your songs from the previous blog. Wonderful to see you and hear you sing. Looking forward to talking to you on Sunday!
Love, MOM/BETH

SJonesG said...

Does that mean that your Jazz set is only on the Eastern Car cruise? Will we not get to see/hear it? I just LOVE that you have internet and I'll be praying that it stays so we can keep up with your life! I love these past two updates!!

Fred said...

Great Blogs. And Yes, I read every one of them so keep them coming. We love you both!