Friday, August 6, 2010

23rd Birthday!

This past Wednesday was my 23rd birthday and it was SO awesome! Nathan surprised me with a full day of celebration! After we had pancakes for breakfast, Nathan gave me a few gifts which included: a pink and brown 'carry-on' suitcase! (I reallllllly needed one... and it is awesome!), 2 shirts, and a coloring book and crayons. Okay, okay...I admit it...I LOVE to color.
Nathan also fixed my sandal that broke and got me a new silver chain for my necklace that he bought me 2 years ago.
We then headed to Central Park and went canoeing! It was so beautiful! While we were there, we saw that they were filming a TV episode or maybe even a movie. We think it was 30 Rock. Anyway...it was so wonderful. You can see the tall trees around you and then the highrise buildings behind them - so gorgeous!
While we were canoeing around...we saw some turtles laying out in the sun!
 When there shell gets all dried up..they blend right in with the rocks!
After we got off the boat, we ate at a cafe that is right on the water. 
We then headed to Coney Island!!
On our way there we found ways to entertain ourselves:

At Conley Island we met Sam (our friend who just moved here- Nathan's best man in our wedding), and also our great friends Marissa and James. 
We sat on the beach and talked and talked and watched Nathan and Sam get in the water. :)
 
 While Sam and Nathan were in the water, Marissa and James and I watched a ton of birds eat the people's food that were right in front us. It was quite a show!
 After soaking up some sun, getting a bird show in front of us, enjoying the cool fresh ocean water, and munching on NATHAN'S Hot Dogs, we were ready to leave the boardwalk and head over to the rides!
Nathan, Sam, and I rode the Cyclone!  It was soooooo bumpy - ow...
After spending time at Coney Island, we went to eat at James and Marissa's favorite Pizza place called L&B and then we all tried Italian Ice's for the first time - YUM!
We then all headed back to our house and played card games. 
Nathan then surprised me with my favorite FUNFETTI cupcakes!!
I had a great 23rd birthday - thank you everyone for all of the calls, texts, facebook messages, cards, and love!

And thank you NATHAN for a great great great birthday!! I love you!

1 comment:

SJonesG said...

What a great day! I'm so glad you have close friends there and that they spent the day with you on your birthday! How fun. I've always heard about coney island and the board walk. I love you and wish I could have been with you on your birthday!