Summer is almost over and I can't believe it! This will be the second fall we won't be going back to school! I can't believe how fast the time goes! Just think... if I or Whitney were working on our master degrees right after graduation we would only have one more year left! That's bizarre! Next month marks our one year anniversary of being married and my goodness has it been a great year.
The past few days here have been rainy and kind of cold, but today the sun is shining bright and I think I'm ready for the leaves to change.
Nothing too new on our end. I'm going to be on set for "One Life to Live" tomorrow which is always great because they're never usually longs days. Whitney has been to many auditions these past couple of weeks and actually got some callbacks as well. Cross your fingers for that:) We are going to Lancaster/Hershey this weekend hopefully (if we can find a cheap way of getting there). We have an audition with the Fulton theater, it's an equity house in Lancaster, PA near where Sight & Sound is located. The Fulton is doing, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music and Sweeney Todd in their next season so we hope we can get cast in that to build up some equity points. We are also wanting to visit our friends Maria and Kara because they both are performing in that area - so we really hope it can work out. Unfortunately, Sam or Millie can't come with us!
Then... the next weekend September 3-5th Whitney and I are flying to Iowa for Kelsy's wedding (I'm singing!) And then the next weekend I will be in Manchester starting rehearsals for Altar Boyz!!! Whitney will take a weekend in Cleveland, TN to see baby Marley (Marissa's expecting her second daughter soon). Whitney will then come visit me for our one year anniversary and then once all is done back to NYC! September will be a pretty busy month for us I think.
Since I've turned 24 I have been reflecting on what kind of person I am and want kind of person I want to be. So I set a list of goals for myself to help me feel more accomplished. Especially since I haven't been performing for so long. Sometimes I feel a little lost or like I haven't done much because I'm not singing/dancing/acting everyday. When I work out and stretch I feel like I've done something towards my career because performing requires flexibility and strength.
Here is a list of my goals for the year of 24:
~Get my equity card! (huge goal but definitely achievable)
~Take dance classes (this needs to happen)
~See 3 non musical plays
~Go to Central Park more
~Learn how to play Guitar
~Read 5 books (1 down, 4 to go)
~Learn more about Broadway
~Go snow-skiing (I miss this more than words can describe and it hasn't happened since 2005)
~Become stronger / work out consistently (I have been succeeding in this)
I like to view the years of life by my birthdays. So as opposed to thinking okay... the year of 2010 I will achieve this... I like to think, alright it's August and I'm 24 and 2 months and I need to work on my goals.
Here is a list of things that I recently found out I enjoy:
~Cooking and especially new recipes (I can't wait to be a home owner of a huge kitchen)
~Reading the Bible (I've got to admit I never got excited or wanted to read the Bible until just this year) If anyone does not enjoy reading their Bible - get a different one / different translation. Mine is the best!
~Working out
~Sushi (Watawa in Astoria is the best around!)
Learning in general (I always hated being forced to learn something, now I can learn whatever I want)
~Sweets (Of course I've always liked sweet things but not as much as I do now that I'm living with Whitney = she's got the sweetest sweet tooth and it's rubbing off on me)
That's all that I can come with for right now.
This week we have been in the cooking new recipes mode! We went a little crazy at the market this past Sunday and bought a lot of food! So we cooked!!!
My first time ever making Key Lime Pie - it was really good. Did you know that food coloring makes the key lime pie green? I just thought it was green because of the lime, but it's not green.. IT'S NOT!! ?
I had some left over pie crust so we decided to turn them into some whipped cream strawberry delights.
Whitney had the idea of putting them in these martini glasses.
Potluck Pasta Salad
I also made home made Lasagna which my sister Diane gave me. It was amazing! It turned out to be one of Whitney's favorites. She kept saying this is as good as Olive Garden.
Whitney made Chicken Casserole. She's making Pineapple and Taco casserole as I type. We're into casseroles because they're easy and great leftovers. I know mom... I actually like leftovers now. (I ALWAYS complained when I was a kid whenever we were eating leftovers)
We also made Cherrio Mix that mom used to make - it's a great munchy chomp snack. And earlier I made one of our favorite for lunches, egg salad sandwiches. Needless to say - we eat a lot!!!! Every Thursday or Friday our refrigerator looks almost empty and on Sundays... it's crazy empty - literally nothing!
This is right now folks... in the moment!
Have a great day! And I suggest to everyone to make a list of goals for your age!
2 comments:
wonderful goals, Nathan. I have been finding time and reading Gods words and listening more. I have thought, what does it mean :"I love the Lord" if I don't take the time to spend in Gods words and writings. :)
Mom/Beth
love this post... because it was like sitting down in your living room and just having a random conversation and listening to your thoughts... and also enjoying great food.. even though I just got to LOOK at the great food! love all that you two are learning and doing. what a great first year together!
Post a Comment