Saturday, August 14, 2010

I got a Job!

Nathan's Post:

I have gotten a job!!! I will be playing the role of Abraham in the musical Altar Boyz in Manchester, New Hampshire. It's non-equity but it's great pay and it's only for one month! I will be starting rehearsals September 11th - September 19th (9.19.10 = our 1 year anniversary) and then we go into tech week, opening night is September 24th. We will only have 9 days of rehearsals!!! Yikes! This will be the fastest time putting up a musical for me. There will be 9 performances, September 24th, 25th, 26th, October 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, and two on the 9th. So... during the week after the first weekend of shows I'll get to go back to NYC to be with Whitney and work at Make Meaning and then travel back for the second weekend and so forth.

Here is the link to their website:) It seems like a great theater!

http://www.palacetheatre.org/event-listing/

A foot stomping musical comedy about a fictitious Christian boy-band consisting of five small-town boys - Matthew, Mark, Luke, Juan and Abraham - trying to save the world one screaming fan at a time.

The show opened Off Broadway on March 1, 2005. The production closed on January 10, 2010 after 2,032 regular performances, making it the 9th longest running off-Broadway musical of all time.

I'm really excited!

4 comments:

Patrick T said...

congratulations, Nathan!!! I'm so excited for you. I love that musical. I think you'll have a great time doing it - and Abraham is probably my favorite character. You'll be great!

SJonesG said...

OH, how I wish I could see this! I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations!

SJonesG said...

I love your new Title Photo Collage!! Great Job with that!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, great going Nathan. So happy for you. Will be looking forward to hearing more about it!
Love you,
Mom