One thing that makes my relationships with the ones I love so amazing is the gift of music, and how it connects us. Nathan and I love listening to songs and then talking about how they make us feel and what we think during them. I have always been a fan of music that has no lyrics or words. I think that they allow the listener to create their own story or even place their lives in the song which makes the experience that much more intimate.
I'd like to share with you my favorite song: Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy
Please press play and enjoy while you read the following:
Whenever I hear this song, it is like the whole world stops...and my
mind,
body,
soul,
and world
just pause and soak every note in.
This song gives me so many emotions.
It is the perfect song to describe the way I feel when I'm with Nathan.
Everything is just right.
Our lives are constantly growing with highs and lows,
but we are always
side by side
and sometimes even entertwined together.
(which is why this was one of our songs played in our wedding)
At the same time,
this is the song I imagine would be playing whenever I walk through the gates of heaven and see Jesus.
The music is just so glorious and at the same time so intimate.
Clair de Lune is how I feel when I am the most happy.
The music describes every joyful and overwhelming tear that I would feel falling down my cheeks.
It contains the warmth of every hug.
The spirit of every laugh.
The exhale of every sigh.
The swell of being overwhelmed.
This song has such a story. Start the song at the beginning and I'm going to walk you through everything that I feel when I hear this song.
0:00 Seeing the Gates of Heaven
Love at first sight
Looking around and Taking everything in
Soaking it into your soul
0:55 Walking towards the gates
Feeling everything you ever were or ever known falling away at every step you take
towards Heaven.
Realizing that it is so much more than you ever dreamed, and trying to accept it
1:35 Seeing something more beautiful than your eyes can believe
Walking has turned to jogging
1:45 Jogging has turned to Running
1:53 Hugging Jesus
2:02 Jesus wiping your tears
Jesus looking into your eyes
Jesus smiling at you
You areTouching his scarred hands
2:30 Taking a huge sigh of relief
2:40 Jesus taking your hand and walking with him into heaven
He is explaining to you how he has been with you all along and watched you grow up
You laugh about certain things that happened and continue to talk
3:20 Everything stops around you
Jesus looks at you in the eyes and tells you how much he loves you
You're Feeling overwhelmed with so much joy and peace
3:52 Life has never had more meaning or depth than this
Your emotions are not only running through you but outside of you as well
You are no longer contained by your skin, but free
4:10 Jesus says that he knows life was hard at times, but thank you for bringing him with you.
4:39-end "Well done my good and faithful servant"
"Clair de Lune" means moonlight. It makes me wonder what Claude Debussy was feeling when he wrote this. It's amazing how music can find a home into each persons soul. I hope this song found somewhere in you.
3 comments:
That was great, its weird I could vision what was happening and it was really nice :)
I wrote a comment days ago and for some reason it did not post.. So anyway, I said...
"This is so sweet!" Now we know why Veggie Tales wanted to hire you as a choreographer. I could picture exactly what you were saying! I too love music without words the best. To me, this is an insight to how happy and positive you are... oh, that more people on earth were like you!"
Whitney, I am humbled by your comments on that beautiful peace of music. How lovely, I am speechless, really.
I Love you,
Beth/Mom
Post a Comment