Whitney and I are in Cleveland, Tennessee spending time with the Garmon's. We got in Monday afternoon and we leave next Tuesday. So far we have driven our old but still new car around, have eaten a lot of great southern soul food, watched tv, played on the new ipad, and we have worked out at the Y. It's been great not having to worry about catching the trains, not having to walk around everywhere, and not having to wash dishes. We don't have a dishwasher in NY so it seems like Whit and I are constantly doing dishes. OH.... and central air conditioning is one of the best inventions!!!
Whitney and I are going to go see the new Twilight movie, "Eclipse" with Mica and Joe. It came out today and we have already bought our tickets:)
Ella has been a treat this entire trip. She's been talking like a grown up and begging for our attention. We play little games with her like "walking on your tip toes tip toes tip toes" and "magical powers!"
Shirley and Fred are doing okay... Fred gets his staples out on Monday - which we get to see because Marissa is doing them herself:) Shirley is getting stronger everyday, she has been taking lots of pain medicine and today she is sitting up:)
Whitney is getting her hair colored today because it's half the price here in TN.
We got offers to come back to Sight & Sound in Lancaster PA for their Christmas season. I don't really want to go back but they asked Whitney to come back for the last 6 weeks of Psalms of David to cover a pregnant woman. So she might go do that while I stay in NY. I guess if the Lord gives me some burning desire to go back then perhaps we will, but unless they're going to offer us lots and lots of money and a full week off for Christmas then we probably won't do it.
Granny has been cooking and baking lots of good food for all of us. I have never enjoyed pound cake so much!
I'm very excited to be seeing my sister, brother in law and nephew this weekend. They'll be coming down from Kentucky for two nights here. It's going to be so great!
That's all for now, hopefully we'll start taking lots of pictures.
2 comments:
So what am i suppose to do those six weeks by myself in NYC??? haha glad to hear the Garmons are healing!
I am so glad y'all are having fun! I miss you and can't wait for you to get back!
Post a Comment