On the other side of the door there isn't a knob, there is a handle -push down with your thumb thingy. The door was also locked and the only way to UNLOCK it is either with a key from the outside, or a button that you push that is in the 'width' of the door by the bolt (which means the door would have to be open to do that). I put my hand in the letter slot to try to swing the door open, but I couldn't cause it was locked. Hm....I was locked IN my own apartment building! Nathan was at work all day and NO ONE was in their apartments. (There are only two other apartments in our building, and one being our landlord) I knocked on all of their doors and no one was home. I called and texted our landlord telling him I was locked in...oh it was funny. I called Nathan and he just couldn't understand how I had gotten myself in this situation! :)
So, I tried a few things to help!
I tried to throw my long locks out the window so my prince could come and save me! But he was at work...
I tried to yell for help! No one heard, not even the birds.
But, I was stuck.
Then I thought..well this isn't that bad, I'll just watch movies and rest. But then I started to get really hungry and then remembered that I needed to go get groceries because we had NO food! 'Ah ha! I'll call for take-out and then when I buzz them in, the door will open! But wait....once I buzz him in he'll walk in the door and start walking up the stairs and the door will shut behind him and we will BOTH be stuck in the apartment!' So then I decided to call my friend Julia who lives three blocks over. She luckily was free and said she would come over and save me! I told her to leave the door open once I buzzed her in so I could unlock it and then keep it propped open just in case. I ended up putting this note on the door.
Julia finally came and saved me from my imprisonment. We ordered take out and watched the episode of 'Friends' where Chandler and Ross make a fort in their living room. We then decided to....MAKE A FORT! We made it in the hall stairs so when Nathan came home from work he would be surprised with our...silliness, really. :)
I know...we act like we're 12. :) haha
5 comments:
HaHaHaHa. I love this. This is my little whitney!!
ah-hahahahaha! This made my day! Not the whole, you being locked in thing, but I love, love, love that you built a fort! That is SO something I would have done. I love that you used the umbrella! Fantastic!
great fort ;)
That is really funny Whit, I especially liked the long locks strategy!
Love the fort. Katie's husband, Michael, doesn't think us girls can ever have an evening together without referencing Friends at one point. He's probably right. =)
Post a Comment