Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rainy Weather is the Worst


Now that we are officially in Spring season it needs to become Summer so that it can stop raining! The rain in New York isn't like rain anywhere else. It is a 360 degree wet mess. It's as if you were going through a car wash without a car. The wind is so ridiculous that it will blow the rain every direction, your umbrella doesn't really do the job - however it does keep your head dry. The other week ago I came home from work soaking wet - no joke - drenched. I had an umbrella! I did my part!

It rained all day yesterday, raining all day today. Okay, it wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to go outside. I would love to stay inside and take naps, watch movies, but no, I have to commute 1 whole hour to work.

Whitney and I watched New Moon last night after we skyped with Shirley, Fred, Granny, Papa, and little Ella:) We really enjoyed it overall. It's amazing watching movies with my wife because we pick up on the same things. We'll laugh if the scene was bad = bad delivery of lines, or bad writing, or the fact that you can't understand anything that they are saying! I mean I get that these actors are teenage heart throbs and that is primarily why these Twilight movies are such a hit, but the actors NEED to enunciate!!!! I think that I paused the movie probably 20 times just trying to figure out what they just said. Every time I went back and played it again and luckily Whitney sounded it out and got it. I hope this isn't a glimpse into the future - me losing my hearing and Whitney repeating everything for me.

If any of you have seen New Moon you'll know that you are either rooting for Jacob or Edward. They call it, Team Jacob and Team Edward. Edward is a vampire and Jacob is a wolf, they both love Bella who is a human. Whitney is on Team Jacob and I'm on team Edward.

In the movie Bella was having many nightmares and I was thinking that has got to be the worst, more so than all of this rain. I also felt grateful because I haven't been getting bad dreams lately, not that I had before but occasionally here and there. Well, last night I had a bad dream. I was performing in Godspell once again and Shellee was directing/choreographing and we were going to perform in my Church. Keith Haan was musical director. I did this show my junior year in high school. In my dream I was playing Jesus yet again, and I hadn't gone to any rehearsals. The opening night, I finally opened my script and started to memorize all of the songs and lines.... Christine Goodall looked at me with disgust and asked if I knew my material. I said of course and was just going through the show. I started to panic because we were about to start the show.
Then all of a sudden we were on a bus and I witnessed this guy choking a man outside, so I naturally jumped off and stopped him and he began to choke me. I then grabbed the liquor bottle from him and smashed it over his head. Weird.

4 comments:

Samuel Reth said...

That is a crazy dream! Where did Christine Goodall come from??? PS I saw Keith up here in CF a couple of weeks ago... and I cant believe he recognized me. Also that was pretty funny about the whole "I jumped off to stop him and then he started to choke me" haha, good thing it was a dream!

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I knew I liked you..John is with Whitney on team Jacob. Freud would have a hay day with you! :)

SJonesG said...

yes, please get all the rain finished before I come next week! We LOVED the skype too! I feel like you were here... almost.

Sara said...

That is NUTS!! To think you wouldn't come to rehearsal.....

Not to comment on Sam's comment, but Keith was born in Cedar Falls. I saw him one time when he was visiting and I was honking at him like a crazy person, not really putting together that I was a character in his Davenport world, and not his Cedar Falls world. oh well.

Nathan- hope it dries up soon. Its actually gorgeous in Iowa right now. It was 74 degrees when I got in my car after work yesterday.

<3
Me