It's the last day of April and boy did the month FLY by! Auditions have been really low this month partly because I (Nathan) have been sick for 2 weeks and we've hosted many wonderful guests this month. My schedule though this week has been brilliant. I am mainly working in the mornings from 8:30 - 1:30 which is a solid 5 hours and then I get to go work out or relax at home. The weather has finally warmed up once again. I think my allergies have been the worst so far this year - that or I am just so easily prone to getting colds. I had a congested nose / stuffed up / for 2 full weeks and just yesterday while I was running I felt things loosening up and after blowing my nose for 5 minutes I could finally breathe out of my nose. Whitney has had a very hard time sleeping these past couple of weeks because every night I would snore - I guess very loudly too - I felt soooo bad, but there was nothing I could do. I tried everything! I took Mucinex, nasal spray, allergy medicine, inhaled steam, nothing worked. I hate that I get on a germified train everyday and help germified children paint. My immune system needs to get with the program and step it up!!!
At work I have been very vocal about my opinions and ideas to my manager which I'm proud of because management doesn't really know what they're doing. Every week I find some new policy or new rule that we are having to inform our customers (or guests rather) on. They're rules that I don't agree with, higher prices, less value, strict rules about groups and food etc etc. I decided to email the area manager who is in charge of all three Make Meaning locations and told her that I would like to speak with her about all of these changes. We talked today at work for 45 minutes. I just spoke what I was thinking, honesty is the best policy right? Well, she ended the conversation with telling me that she truly appreciates my feedback and thinks of me as a leader of the pack. I felt accomplished even though I didn't get her to change the new policy completely I was glad that she listened. What is great about my job at Make is the fact that they are growing rapidly and building a new gigantic store in Manhattan with lots of other crafts including; candle making, making glass, making fragrance, molding pottery, painting pottery, and making your own candy. I think it's going to be mind blowing awesome. If Broadway hasn't happened by then I hope to be an assistant manager or maybe on some planning committee, who knows, they plan to open the new store in August/September. Which means the store that I have been working in will sadly close.
Whitney has been more involved with the Corporate side of things with Make. She makes many many phone calls to organizations to try to get them to plan an event at one of our store locations. It's a great way to make business for the company and she also gets to lead the private parties which hopefully then leads to tips. The other day I helped with a private party and got tipped $60 for doing hardly anything.
Today I got a call to be in a Samsung commercial for tomorrow. I'll be a background actor but they are paying more than usual so I'm excited about it, but not about the time. I just found out that I have to be there at 6:00AM which is the WORST. I'm supposed to be working at Make but I'm calling in because I'm getting paid more:)
My mom and dad are preparing to move out of the house that I grew up in. They've been living in that house since 1988! That is 22 years! That is a long time! I'm so proud of them though because it's a huge feat to tackle and they're doing it. They already fell in love with a home in Park View which is about 10-15 minutes from their old house. It's going to be weird not going back to that house-so many great memories! Keep them in your prayers that they get a good deal on the house they want and they sell theirs:) I think they are planning on putting it on the market sometime in May.
That's it for now. I'll let you all know how the commercial goes. Sorry no picture for this blog.
3 comments:
So glad you are feeling somewhat better Nathan. I have had the worst allergy season also this year. I have gone on a daily 24 hr dose of Loratadine and I highly recommend it for you. I also learned that getting an RX for 90 days only cost $10 at walmart. A box of 13 cost that much at the walgreens in NYC. So excited about the commercial! That's awesome!
I wish we could DVR: Samsung commerials!
Mom/Beth
That is so cool that they you are voicing your opinion... keep it up and like you said you are becoming a leader of the pack! Hurry up and tell us about Samsung :)
Post a Comment