So many of you know that Whitney and I are working at Sight & Sound Theaters in Lancaster, PA. BUT, we are in two different shows which means we have two different schedules. Whitney's show (Voices of Christmas) opens October 30th and my show (Miracle of Christmas) doesn't open until November 7th... Whitney has been in rehearsals since September 29th, and I haven't started yet. My first day is officially October 19th. Hence all of the blogs by me. And since we only have one car - I have been stuck at home. I feel pretty weird not working, Whit and I have gone against society's norm of men bringing home the bacon and women cooking it. Well, I guess that's not really society today... but you get my picture. I have been cooking all of the meals, doing the laundry, making the bed, cleaning, and doing the dishes. I feel like I'm working every second. My biggest job though was to put up this blog which I feel pretty accomplished. I have cooked Tuna Noodle Salad, Egg Salad Sandwiches, Pancakes, Wings, Frozen Pizza (yah man), and what is left on my list of recipes for this week is.... coffee cake, cheesy potatoes, strawberry pretzel salad (which is by the far the best thing my mom makes) and pumpkin bread. It's pretty exciting having Whitney come home and smelling what I've been cooking. Sometimes her expressions are good... and other times they're not so good - especially the day I made egg salad sandwiches........
Gotta make the wife happy:)
'
6 comments:
I love this post. This makes me really happy. How lucky Whitney is to have such a man! I love the list of what you've made this week! Btw, I want the strawberry pretzel recipe..that sounds interesting. I'll send you some of my easy recipes that you can try for next week. (I wish somebody would send me some too, if anybody's reading this.)
Ok this is the cutest thing I've read. Way to go Nathan. I've often remarked that Edward is way better at housework than I am. He too does lots of laundry and cleaning while I sit playing on the computer or while I am chasing kids. Ha!
I love your blog. Keep it up. I'm still in Budapest but heading home in about 5 hours (5am here). This is a great way for me to keep up with you guys. Remember my blog is inspiringhope.blogspot.com. Love you guys!
I LOVE the blog! The Parkers are officially following you guys now so we will see the new posts. Thanks for the pictures! Your home is perfect!!!
Nate! I just looked and read everything on the blog...wow! You're a bigger man than I am :) Thanks for being such an encouragement to me.
Eric
What a great blog Nathan and Whitney and I love feeding the fish!
Thank you for sharing your lives. We love you two lots and lots and lots! Try my baked potato, cottage cheese and Salsa idea for supper. Only 5 min in the micro for each baked potato,(cut open) salt and pepper, cottage cheese, Salsa and you are done! Yeah!
Beth/Mom
Post a Comment