Ship Life is a lot like college in a way. Obviously the living quarters are almost identical to a college dorm. But the nightlife really takes us back to those college years. Practically every night, our cast wants to go out and do something. Whether it’s going to a club, party, game night, or just hanging out. These crazy people are up until wee hours of the morning having fun. Whitney and I have gone out a few times but we are never out past 2 or 3 am which is extremely late for us. The next day we hear stories on how some of our dancers only got 2 hours of sleep and they still perform like they got 9. How do they do it?? Whitney and I need 8-9 hours of sleep and sometimes we even get a nap in the day! What is really annoying is the prep time that goes in to these get-to-gethers. On average we will get done performing around 10:30pm and then our cast will plan some event but it won’t start until midnight, because of course, they need to go back to their cabins and shower and reapply makeup and look their best. Whit and I are thinking… umm… why can’t we just wear what we have on and go out now? We’ve come to the conclusion that it’s because the majority of our cast hasn’t experienced college. They’re fresh out of high school or never went thus needing that party indulgent. We feel bad most of the time because we’re like, sorry, no, we don’t like to get drunk and we’d prefer to be in bed… oh about now. HA, at times we’ll say, hey, we’re like grandparents, we like our quiet time and our sleep time!


5 comments:
haha. great post. I am assuming also that most of the cast is single... so they are still trying to find someone etc... thus all the "getting ready" time and late night partying. It's just different after you're married. Good for you guys! Get that Beauty Sleep and keep each other first!
I love this post and the fact you guys are remaining mature in the midst of what seems to be "failure to launch" syndrome or a second adolescence for others. I love you two so much. Thanks for the blogs…they keep us connected. I'm in Bangkok now looking at hotels for next January's conference then on to other countries around SE Asia. Keep doing your thing!
Why can't I have a photo like Shirley? She's soooo smart and tech savvy.
Yes, ditto what Shirley and Fred said....
Oh and good news...I have requested a notorized birth certificate from Des Moines and it is on its way and I have obtained Dads. One step closer to passport! Yeah, can't wait to talk to you tomorrow! Love, Mom/Beth
I bet that's hard for you guys to find a balance but it seems you do a pretty good job at it... partying late or going to bed early, you guys are always fun to be around! =)
Post a Comment