We spent the holiday with Sam and his mother, Sara who came down from Iowa. We all decided to go see the Thanksgiving Day Parade IN PERSON! I have watched the parade every year on TV ever since I can remember. It was so amazing to see how many people came to see the parade, and seeing it right before my eyes was tremendous! Here are a few pictures of the parade:
Here is an idea of the crowd:
This is the one famous person I saw...Kanye West.
You can see the people in their apartments on Central Park West who have a great view of the parade!
Look how close Sam and Sara were to the parade:
We found the perfect place to sit above the crowd!
I think this construction worker said he would work on the morning of Thanksgiving, just so he could get a good view of the parade! :)
After the parade we all went back to our house and made a wonderful Thanksgiving meal! Nathan and I slow cooked a turkey in our crockpot and it was sooo tender. We also made deviled eggs, stuffing, sweet potatoe casserole, corn, and lemon cake. Sara Reth brought green bean casserole and pistachio salad. It was so delicious!
Then everyone took a nap...tradition of course.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


2 comments:
Def didnt know you took that pic and I sleep in weird positions!
AWESOME!! I want to do all of that next year! What great lifelong memories you two are making! We missed you terribly too!
Post a Comment