We hired two men to help us unload our Uhaul. They were amazing! The best decision we made! They moved all of our items into our apartment in 2 hours. These two men carried up TV's, boxes, tables, chairs, a loveseat, etc. They were very strong! The only bad news is that our full size couch couldn't fit up the stairwell. They tried and tried...they tried to put it up the stairwell, through our neighbors 2nd floor window and many other crazy options...but there was no way getting that couch up to our 3rd floor apartment. Therefore....we are selling it, and making it work with just our loveseat.
Living Room
Breakfast Nook in our Kitchen
Bathroom
Hallway
Guest Bedroom
Our Bedroom (Nathan made our headboard)
It really hit me that we were living in New York when I went down to the market right down the road to get some milk. I knew it was just around the corner, down 2 blocks...which really isn't that far away- but in the cold...let's just say - I was walking pretty fast! :) It felt so cool to be buying milk in a market and then bringing it ...'Home'....in New York. It felt pretty normal, and definitely not daunting. I was pleasantly surprised, and just the simple trip to the market made me realize that living in New York is completely doable for us. It will be different...but I like change and I think I'm ready for the challenges! My dad always says that Success is when preparation meets opportunity and we are definitely preparing as much as we can...so opportunity...we are ready for you!!
We spent all of Sunday and Monday unpacking and turning this apartment into our new home. On Tuesday, we spent half of the day walking around Midtown and Chelsea job hunting and figuring out the subway systems. It was around 18 degrees with A LOT of wind. It was FREEZING! During this adventure we went to Rockefeller Center and the NBC studios.
3 comments:
Oh hooray! It's so cute!
Can't wait to see you guys soon hopef!
Way to go! NYC is perfect for you guys & I can't wait to hear about all your adventures. You guys rock! ;)
Wow your apartment looks very nice and cozy :) Im glad you guys got back ok and can finally settle in your new home. BTW that guest bed room looks very nice, I'll have to check it out sometime. Also, Nathan from here that headboard looks VERY nice!
Samuel
Post a Comment