The town is so sweet and everything we need is in the town square. I walk to the gym, coffee shop, grocery store, theater, rehearsal space...all of it is right here. Here are a few pictures:
The green building is where we live, the peach building is where we rehearse. Right to the left of the Peach building is the gym.
All of our bedrooms are like dorm rooms.
Other side of my bedroom. I am in the 'MISS SAIGON' bedroom. (They are all themed, haha)
As you can see Nathan packed some family photos in my suitcase - and they are posted up!
We each have our own bathroom...thats nice!
The common spaces: Our living room!
The Kitchen: which has 3 refrigerators, 2 ovens and stoves, 2 microwaves and 2 large dinner tables.
The gym. Its very nice.
This is the outside of the theater! So cute!
This is the town square. Right behind me in is where we live and the building you see across the way is the theater! Very quaint!
This show is a 'work in progress' which means that we have scenes added and cut on a daily basis. For example...I am a part of a new scene that we are adding in today. All my schedule says is "Blocking FILET"...I guess the name of the scene is filet! (who knows!) Alot of this show is a set-up and then punchline joke...one after another. Ill give you a few examples of some of our jokes in the show:
Man 1: "Why does my hand look like a pie?"
Man 2: "I dont know, why does your hand look like a pie?"
Man 1: "Because its got MERINGUE on it!" (my ring...) get it?? HA
(after alot of arguing between a married couple)
Woman: "I thought you said you worshipped the ground I walked on!"
Man: "I thought your father still owned the property" HA!
Man 1: "Whats the difference between mashed potatoes and pea soup?"
Woman 1: "I dont know. What's the difference between mashed potatoes and pea soup?"
Man 1: "Anyone can mash potatoes!"
One of my favorite numbers is a sweet 1930's song called "Pettin' in the Park" where me and this guy named Alex have a nice little duet moment on a park bench. Here is the video of the original. We have the same idea but a little different choreography. It's so sweet.
Enjoy!



6 comments:
Everything looks so nice and well thought-out. All I can say is "YAY EMC Card!" Love you!!
Love the blog Whitney. Clad you're having such a good time. Love you much.
I can't wait to see you and your show! That video was so funny! ~Nathan
So cute!!! I'm so excited for you! And that gym is amazing. And the kitchen. Haha I miss you!!!
I can't believe you're there!! They gave the facade and interior of all of those buildings a huge facelift right as I was leaving...AND our gym was at the community center down the road - so you got it made! :) Hope you are having fun!
Well Whitney it looks like you got it made there :) I bet its a nice breathe of fresh air away from the city! Miss you
Post a Comment