I got cast in a show in Manhattan!! I am going to be playing Angelina in Angelina Ballerina the Musical! This is the world premiere of this musical and I am feeling so blessed and honored to be originating Angelina in her first staged musical. The show is playing at Vital Theater on the Upper West Side of Manhattan from October - December.
Angelina Ballerina started out as a popular children's book and is now very popular on PBS in her own cartoon! Hit Entertainment owns Angelina Ballerina as well as Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder, and Barney. They are also the producers for this musical. We have had people from HIT come into our rehearsals and make sure that we are portraying Angelina in the way that they like.
The musical is very fun and upbeat. I know it will be so inspiring to kids and hopefully spark their interest not only in theatre but in dance and the arts as well!
We got to see a little sneak peak of what our costumes will look like, and they are not messing around! I am going to have on an entire light pink unitard that covers from the tips of my toes, down my arms into gloves as well as over my head. There is only going to be a hole cut out, to where my face can be seen. Two big mouse ears will be attached to the top of my unitard head thingy with a big pink bow on top. I will then have some sort of Face make-up as well as wearing the pink leotard and pink tutu. Everyone in the cast is wearing these full unitards...we are very excited. (not!) I am pretty sure I will be looking JUST like this mouse...haha! how awesome!
Anyway...I took some pictures of my first rehearsal. We had a 'read through' of the show, and people from HIT were there as well as some NYC Mommy Bloggers to help promote our show! We are going to be having a PINK CARPET opening, where our pink carpet will be on the street ,Broadway for our opening day! So fun!
This is the big banner that is hanging right above the theatre on Broadway.
These are small banners that are hanging on every light post down Broadway on the Upper West Side.
This is the cast!
Me, Sarah (who plays Ms. Mimi and my mom),Cassie (who plays Alice, my friend), Amber (who plays Viki, my friend), Amy (who plays Serena, the most beautiful ballerina in the world), Eric (who plays AZ, my friend), and Amanda (who plays Gracie, my french rival/friend)
This is the stage:
This is what a 'reading' looks like. We all sit at a table and read the script all the way through, while the composer played all the songs and sang them.
(To the far right you can see the lyricst/book writer and the composer talking with our director, then man in blue on stage is the artistic director for Vital, the peolple in the middle are actors, and the group on the far left half off the stage are the set designers and costume designers.)
This is the audience. This theatre seats about 120 people. Very intimate and nice.
Everyone has a good view!
This is the set design for the show! Yay! (that'll be me in the center, in about 2 weeks!)
I'm in the middle of rehearsals, and loving every second..."absolutely, positively!'
3 comments:
yay! love the behind the scenes, so fun!
I can't wait to hear your voice again!! So excited!! I'm planning my trip!
Yipee, yippeee, yippppeeee!
Mom/Beth
Post a Comment