Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July is HOT

July is so freaking hot in New York City! Holy buckets of sweat!! I realize we haven't been the best bloggers in the world for the month of July but we've been busy and exhausted and we blame it mainly on this heat. Since Whitney and I had taken a week off of work to go spend time with her family in TN we've been working extra hard these past couple of weeks to make up for it. I worked 12 hours today - luckily we weren't busy at all so I got to finish "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult which I started on Sunday. It definitely helped speed up my hour commute that's for sure. I was really into the book, it's one of those that you can't put down. However, it is disturbing at times - the premise is about a young couple who grew up together and decide to do a suicide pact... well things don't go as planned and the girl ends up dead and the guy is charged with murder. It had been awhile since I have read a book so I'm proud that I finished it in that short amount of time.
  Tomorrow, Whit and I are hopping on a plane to go to Iowa to spend time with my family just for the weekend. It was a last minute decision. Basically I got jealous that we got to spend a week with Whit's family that it made me really miss mine. It worked out really well, my immediate family will all be in Davenport this weekend so we are stoked that we'll get to be with them for a few days. My parents are in the community musical of "Annie" so we are going to see them shine this Saturday night. It's where I did theater growing up so it'll be fun going down memory lane:)
  We have been striking out with auditioning lately meaning we haven't been seen at all. The summer has been very slow in the audition world but last week there were many many auditions and every single one we went to, we got turned away.
  The DiPastena's (Marbi and Andrew) spend a few nights with us, it was their 18th anniversary. They had a great time here and we had a great time spending time with them. It was their first time in NYC and they did literally everything one could do as a tourist. We were blown away by their proactive ability to tackle the city. They slept in our guest room and as a gift to us they bought an air conditioner unit for that room. What a blessing that was! That room seriously feels like a sauna so now it's nice and cool:) We got tickets to see Promises, Promises on Broadway which is a musical with Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes. It was fantastic - we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
 
Sight & Sound update:
Whitney and I decided to turn down the contract for Psalms of David and for Voices of Christmas. It was a very hard offer to turn down but we feel so much peace with staying here in the city.

1 comment:

SJonesG said...

so sad. I knew Whitney had gotten up early a few times this week to audition but she didnt tell me they didnt give her a chance. boo! If they only knew what they're missing! I am more than ready to hear you two sing again. It's been far too long.. I guess since Mica and Joe's wedding (since we couldnt get you to sing at your wedding.) I've been making major changes to Whitney's website and I went through all of her videos on youtube again. It made me miss her beautiful voice! What a waste that I dont get to hear it every day! Momma Shirley