We celebrated opening Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve morning:)
Look at all of those presents we got to open!

There is nothing more that Marley enjoys than to play with her babies:)
We got Ella the bow and arrow set from Brave. She got pretty good at it by the end of the day.
Our gift to Kevin. A whole bunch of different mustaches! HA!
I will be nice and warm this winter in NYC!
Skiing gear! Check!!
One of Whitney's favorite gift - iPhone cover! Show me the BLING!
The girls got matching clothes for them and their dolls!
Can't handle how cute she is!!!
Naptime! Legitimately!
We did get to see the Les Mis movie and it was spectacular! I love going to see a movie on Christmas. It's such a fun way to celebrate. I had never seen the show of Les Mis nor had I known about the story and it truly is as epic as they say it is! GO SEE IT!!!
Then, Christmas day we got ready and made food! All we did was make food!!! And all of it was delicious! Whitney made my mom's apple pie and I gave her an A+
Yup, to the right of this chocolate bunt cake - you see flu shots. Marissa gave about 10 family members flu shots including myself. Thanks Marissa!!
Yay we got to spend time with the Parkers! Their baby Riley is probably the most pretty of all babies!
Marley and me;)
Then, we finished the evening with opening our stockings. What a great holiday!!
The next morning, we woke up around 5:30am and hopped in Fred's truck to go to the airport to fly back to Pennsylvania because I had a matinee of "Singin in the Rain." Boy was I sweating of nervousness. Our plane touched down on the ground at 12:10pm and I had to be in my dressing room at 1:30pm and it's a 40 minute drive from the airport to the theatre. Our friend was anxiously waiting for our arrival and of course there was a literal blizzard. I kept telling myself that it was going to be fine and that I would get in time. Well... the Lord definitely blessed us because we were parking our car in Lancaster at 1:20pm, just enough time for Whitney to grab me some fast food and for me to head to the theatre. I walked in and everyone was shocked that I had made it. "Geez.. you sure were cutting it close!" Everyone said as I passed by their dressing room, mind you I pretty much have a beard because when I don't need to shave... I don't! So I scarfed my lunch down, shaved, did my hair and makeup and then the next minute I was on stage performing! Wow! I mean, there is absolutely no way I could even attempt to achieve that all again. But it happened. And I was so thankful that I didn't miss a show!
Both, Whitney and I finished up our shows in PA that week and on the evening of Saturday December 29th after my 8pm show, we drove our jampacked car back to the city of New York. We got there around 1:30am and then unpacked our car, parked our car, made our bed and got to sleep around 3am. Woke up 3.5 hours later to catch a flight out of LGA to Denver, CO to spend the New Year with my family. We're crazy right?? What were we thinking?? Oh yeah... we NEVER see our families... so any amount of exhaustion is WORTH IT!! We landed into Denver at 11am so it was nice because we had the whole day with my family. My oldest sister Christine and her family moved to Denver last summer so our family has been wanting to get out there to see their new home! And to... of course SKI!!!
Here are some pictures from my side:
My Mom made these aprons for all the women in the family.
Me and the Cam man!
This is where we were for the duration of our time in their home. I love big couches!
Cameron and Andrew are best buds with their matching superhero capes.
Cute little perfect Claire!!
It's amazing to witness what these boys say to each other on their own. They're just too cute. I kind of want them to stay like this forever!
On New Year's day 6 of us went skiing at the Winter Park Ski Resort. It was a perfect day!! I had a blast. I can't believe it but we all convinced Whitney to go skiing with us. She is absolutely afraid of skiing. She doesn't understand how it's fun. She keeps saying, "Why would I put sticks on my feet and go down a snowy mountain?" I was soo proud of her! I stuck by her side for a solid 2 hours and then she went and hung out in the lodge so that I could have 2 hours on the harder slopes. We only got to be there for 5 hours because the park closed at 4pm. Pictures below from the iPhone!
Karen, Ryan, Diane, Whitney, me, and Dad.
It was 1 degree!!!! SOOO freezing!!!
2012 was such a great Holiday!!! 2013 will be a great year!!!
We left Denver on Wednesday morning. Whitney flew back to NYC and I flew down to West Palm Florida. "Singin in the Rain" is a co-production from the Fulton theatre in PA to the Maltz Jupiter theatre in FL. I had rehearsals immediately when I got back since it's in a new space, the theatre is quite smaller so it took some time to adjust. We open tomorrow, Thursday, Jan. 10th but we've been having audiences since Sunday evening for previews. I close here on Jan. 27th and then Whitney and I go to Disney World for a few days for vacation! We're so excited!!
Happy New Year everyone!!



















































2 comments:
I just LOVE LOVE this post! What a wonderful recap of your fabulous Christmas!! So many things about this I love. the cute little pictures of all the adorable babies in your life and the relaxing down time... I love the big couch and everyone just all laid back.. and the snow/ski pictures are gorgeous! But I do agree with Whitney, haha, why would I want to put sticks on my legs and freeze to death outside taking a huge chance that I may come home on crutches because of some out-of-control skier that might slam into me (that's what happened to me the only time I went.) and not be able to work for 6 weeks!
I enjoyed this blog. †hx Narhan
Post a Comment