Nathan's Post:
I ran 2 miles today and felt really great. I think I could have run more but I get soo bored when I'm running. One of my goals is to be somewhat of a runner - by February I want to be able to run 4 miles without excruciating pain. This year so far as been going well. I feel like I'm able to get the things done that I want to get done. I am trying to have a proactive mind and attitude - or Nike's - JUST DO IT. Since my schedule is the most chill, all I do is audition and pass out Billy Elliot flyers. I have a lot more free time on my hands which is such a blessing. I have watched many movies. Including; Salt - the one with Angelina Jolie - it was really good, Wallstreet Money never Sleeps - very confusing and very confusing, Easy A - it was fun and better than I thought, Surrogates - with Bruce Willis - not bad and interesting concept, Eat.Pray.Love - really bad, Going the Distance - with Drew Barrymore - Whit and I really liked this but it was pretty vulgar. Every Little Step - this is a documentary on the Broadway revival of "A Chorus Line" we watched it on our Netflix on the wii console - if you have time and want to learn about our careers - watch it!! Incredible. Wanting to see 127 Hours with James Franco - about rock climber who cuts his own arm off because it gets stuck.
I just finished reading Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper - holy cow was that depressing! Now I'm reading The Glass Castle, I'm on page 22 and I'm already intrigued.
There have been many many auditions that Whitney and I have been attending. The first week of January was rough for me because I got pretty sick and didn't have much of a voice at all. We are still fighting the fact that we are non equity and 75% of the auditions that we go to we get turned away because of our status but not because of our talent. We know that we are just as good as any of those equity actors. How will we get our equity card? We ask ourselves that everyday - some days it seems nearly impossible because so many auditions won't see us. The Lord has a plan for us and we are just following His path. A friend of mine says that when we steer away from God's plan He says "recalculating" just like the GPS - I find that so encouraging. Even in our mistakes or when we make wrong decisions the Lord just recalculates our journey so that we end up at the same place regardless. Isn't that a cool thought?
Whitney is doing extremely well and I'm so excited to see what the Lord reveals to her. Whitney is still doing Angelina Ballerina but in a different theatre and a different location. She is now performing in the Union Square Theatre in Union Square which is downtown Manhattan near 14 Street. The theatre holds about 500 seats which means she only has 3 shows every weekend since they can fill more people in the space. It is now considered an actual Off Broadway show. They are getting legit playbills for their show and in all of the Playbills for the Broadway shows - they list the Broadway and Off Broadway shows in the back of the program and hers will be listed under Off Broadway. Isn't that fantastic? We hope this means that more agencies and important people in the industry will come see her show. Whitney just got hired to do work study at Steps which is a dance studio. She will be working there 8 hours a week in exchange for discounted classes. Each dance class for one hour is $17 and for her it will be $3.50! She is stoked to be training again. She is babysitting 2 families pretty randomly. One of her families - the dad is the composer of Angelina Ballerina and his wife the mom is a director and has asked Whitney to be a co-casting assistant for her. Needless to say Whitney will be keeping pretty busy.
3 comments:
Really enjoyed your blog Nathan - thanks. Laughed a lot concerning your movie and book experiences....excited about you running and actually having goals; u can do it! Keep taking care of my squirt! Love you much!
love this post. I feel so un-connected unless you post on your blog at least once every few days... We miss you terribly and can't wait to get to see you on broadway! I feel like it's been ages since I've heard you two sing... I'm waiting to hear about the Feb 18-20 gig and whether you think I should fly up for it.
oh, and I meant to say that I REALLY love that analogy of "recalculating." That is such a great thought that even though we may make some wrong turns... God is always working to get us back on track and going in the right direction. That's very encouraging!
Post a Comment