It's definitely been weird being unemployed. I'm so anxious to get started on my next project - Scrooge in Concert. I thought that I would really enjoy my time off, which I have, but I like to stay busy. Not stressful busy but good busy. I can't even begin to describe where the time has gone these past couple of weeks. There are so many things that I wanted to get done and I have gotten a lot done but since the majority of the time is mine - I feel like I have to be accomplishing things at all moments. October... where did you go?
Auditions have been extremely slow. Whitney and I got up early today to head to 2 auditions. "Catch Me If You Can" (you know the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, well they're making it into a musical that is going to Broadway) anyway - we tried to get seen but they weren't seeing non-equity. And the second, "Dear Edwina," an off Broadway musical that is running for a couple of months. There were around 300 non equity people that were there! We don't know anything about this musical but Whitney got typed out and I got typed in. After waiting for a few hours, I received an email from the casting director giving me an appointment for tomorrow. About a month ago I submitted for the show and just now got an appointment so I left. That is why it's so important having websites. It's so easy to submit via email.
Here are our websites if you've forgotten. All thanks to Shirley who has been doing extraordinary revisions and making us looks like superstars:)
www.nathanmeyeronline.com
www.whitneymeyer.com
Here is a detailed breakdown of my tour of Scrooge in Concert.
Wednesday Dec. 1st Travel Day
Thursday Dec. 2nd 7:30 PM Show #1, Venue: Miller Auditorium, Slippery Rock University, PA
Friday Dec 3rd 8:00 PM Show #2, Venue: Lycian Centre for Performing Arts Sugarloaf, NY
Saturday. Dec 4th Travel Day
Sunday Dec 5th 5:00 PM Show #3, Venue: Millet Hall Miami University - Oxford
Monday. Dec. 6th Travel Day
Monday Dec 13th Travel Day (Back to NYC)
Tuesday Dec 14th 8:00 PM Show #4, Venue: Richmond Community College Hamlet, NC
Wednesday Dec 15th 8:00 PM Show #5, Venue: The Grand Opera House Macon, GA
Thursday Dec 16th 8:00 PM Show #6, Venue: Dunn Center Rocky Mount, NC
Friday Dec 17th Travel Day (Back to NYC)
Sunday Dec 5th 5:00 PM Show #3, Venue: Millet Hall Miami University - Oxford
Monday. Dec. 6th Travel Day
Monday Dec 13th Travel Day (Back to NYC)
Tuesday Dec 14th 8:00 PM Show #4, Venue: Richmond Community College Hamlet, NC
Wednesday Dec 15th 8:00 PM Show #5, Venue: The Grand Opera House Macon, GA
Thursday Dec 16th 8:00 PM Show #6, Venue: Dunn Center Rocky Mount, NC
Friday Dec 17th Travel Day (Back to NYC)
Here is a video of me in Altar Boyz singing the final song in the show-
1 comment:
Nathan, we will plan to come to your show in Macon, GA on Dec 15th. Do we need to buy tickets through their website?
Post a Comment