Nathan's post:
Whitney and I had a successful Tuesday. She worked all day while I had a day off. I get every Tuesday and Thursday off except for this week I get Friday off because I'm doing that Mildred Pierce thingy. I slept in till 10:00am which was amazing and I got ready for the Next to Normal audition. I auditioned for Next to Normal a month ago for the Broadway production and last week they were holding auditions for the first National Tour. Well this week they are holding auditions for the tour this Tuesday and Thursday. I got there and they were seeing non equity again ... yay. I put my name on the list and was told to go break for lunch. Usually when casting directors are holding auditions the times are from 10am - 6pm with an hour break for lunch. I had a voice lesson scheduled today at 2:30pm for a half an hour so I had a little time to kill. I headed over to Pearl Studios where they were holding auditions for a new show called "Splint Ends." They're doing a production of it in New Jersey for one week and it would pay. No-one was around so I slowly crept in the room and asked if I could audition. They too were on break and said they would give me an appointment to come back at 4:30pm. PERFECT! I went to my voice lesson and then went back to Telsey Company for Next to Normal and got seen:) The guy said "very good job" in a genuine tone and I then headed over to my appointment for Splint Ends. They got me right in and gave me a scene to read. Everything went really well. They laughed at my choices (in a good way) and directed me, gave me great feedback. It was crazy, there were like 10 people in the room. They were all nodding there heads and smiling. It went really great.
Whitney got out of work at 5pm and went to the Next to Normal audition and literally walked right in. She did well. Then she went to Splint Ends and the same thing happened. It was soo amazing! Actually - when she got there for Splint Ends - they were done with everyone and the monitor said they were getting ready to leave but he asked and they said sure why not. However, Whitney didn't have anymore headshots with her and they STILL let her audition. I mean, that is unheard of. They seemed to really like her as well. They directed her and took their time letting her do her thing. The director of the show told her to give the monitor her contact information.
YAY! Tomorrow, Radio City is holding open auditions for the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular, but I have to be at work at 8:30am but Whitney is going to go and try to get seen before she works at 10am.
Sorry there are no pictures. Speaking of pictures though, Whitney has been getting negative feedback from her new headshots - which clearly stinks - so Shirley is sending her very expensive camera to us in the mail and we're going to take our own:) Thanks Shirley!
5 comments:
I just love your blog! I check every morning to see if you have updated your NYC life. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what is going on with you both. I am so proud of both of you. By sharing your life with us through this blog it makes us seem like we are on the journey with you! So when you make it on Broadway, we will think we made it too!
yes, I agree with Teddie. I check it every day too. Don't worry about pictures, just keep us up to date with what you are doing. I'm so excited that you are being seen more often it seems. Let me know when the camera arrives! I cant wait to see the new headshots. Maybe you could go into business doing headshots!
YAY YAY!!! You guys are so amazing! I'm so proud of you for how you're making all of this work, and it's encouraging that you are still happy. I miss you so much!! Congrats on the auditions!!
Wonderful job on blogging you two. I loved skyping you guys over the weekend. you look great and are doing great. Keep up the hard work, it will pay off. Our prayers are with you also, always,
Love, Mom/Beth
I will be there in AUGUST (which is so soon I can't hardly stand it) and we will take so many headshots you would think you were like Medusa or something!! Its the very least I can do!
Sorry I totally fail at blogging. Your lives are way more interesting than mine- cleary I would rather read yours than write my own--- so keep them coming!!
Post a Comment