Saturday, December 10, 2011

Rock Climbing and Flowrider


The other night as crew we got to go on the Rocking Climbing wall and try the Flowrider. Both are hard. Whitney and I both climbed to the top, however, there are easy and hard routes. If you stay on one color the whole time it’s harder and some colors are harder than others. I tried to do one side just one color and I couldn’t do it… I had to use other colors to keep going. My forearms were extremely tired; this is something I wish I could do more often.
I went on the flowrider for the first time ever. It… was… really… hard. These pictures actually make me look like I’m doing well, but I was the most wobbly. Haha, we took a video of it – I’ll have to post later. The second time I went on it went a lot better. I think our cast gets the flowrider all to themselves tonight! Yahoo, I’m going to try my hardest to get Whitney on it. 







3 comments:

SJonesG said...

awesome! be careful with flowrider! cant see little red riding hood on crutches!!

Daddy Fred said...

Okay. Please allow me to weigh in on this one. I am extremely impressed that BOTH OF YOU made it to the top of the rock wall. I tried it and, using only the green holders, and I only made it 2/3 of the way up before my entire body say a big "stop now!" I would however really like to try it again and so I will in March 2012 when we return to the ship and to our two wonderful performers.
Now for the flow rider, I just watched and laughed. The crew that work it make it look so easy but anyone else makes it look impossible. I'm impressed that Nathan stayed on long enough to get a steady picture. You go boy! I am so proud of you two. Keep doing good.

Anonymous said...

I want to try "flow rider" but forget climbing wall, unless they help lift you. (HA)
Beth/Mom